Friday, September 11, 2009

Fresh Produce

I recently spend an hour ambling through a Farmer’s Market. Everywhere I turned there were signs for “Fresh Produce.” And I thought to myself how wonderful it is that year after year the earth yields up fresh, tasty, nutritious fruits and vegetables with little or no effort at all and how difficult it is for us to produce the same kinds of results.

I do try to keep my ideas fresh and relevant; my projects inspired and imaginative. But my day to day tasks prevent me from keeping the ground moist, taking the time to look up at the sun, and plucking away the weeds that tend to strangle my crops. Try as I may, my garden gets parched and unappealing.

As harvest time is fast approaching, my “new year’s resolution” is to make this year’s crop count as among my very best; plump, juicy ideas, creative tidbits, and above all, fresh produce that is consistently safe for consumption in this very challenging growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment